Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I drive a truck very large company. I have been there

Customer Question

I drive a truck for a very large company. I have been there 7 1/2 years I have been harassed, humiliated, threatened to be fired, they put a non-preventable accident on my company record when a man hit my right rear drive tire "I STILL HAVE THE POLICE REPORT IN WHICH THE MAN ADMITTED HE HIT ME" HE TOLD THE POLICE HE WAS GETTING IT TOWED,AFTER THEY LEFT HE DROVE OFF!! My company took away my safety bonus for that year AND SHUT ME DOWN FOR 3 DAYS WHICH WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME A MINUMUM OF 500 MILES PER DAY. THE INURANCE ADJUSTER CALLED MY COMPANY 8 TIMES TELLING THEM THAT I WAS NOT AT FAULT. MY DISPATCHER WAS SAYING THE SAME THING AND WAS THREATENED TO BE FIRED IF HE DIDN'T STOP STANDING UP FOR ME, SHORTLY THEREAFTER HE WAS FIRED BY THE USE OF LIES. HE WON HIS UNEMPLOYMENT CASE BECAUSE HE PROVED THEY LIED. I HAVE A MULTITUDE OF "WRITE-UPS WHERE THEY LIED BAREFACED ON THEM"! MY MILES WERE CUT SO DRASTICALLY AFTER THAT GUY HIT ME AND THEY FIRED MY OTHER DISPATCHER WITH LIES AND SHE REFUSED TO WRITE ME UP FOR THEM USING LIES. SHE DID SUE THEM AND WON SHE HAD ALOT OF WITNESSES! I AM 63 HAD A GALBLADDER SURGERY A YEAR AND A HALF AGO WHICH "CAUSES BOUTS WITH DIAREAHA MOST OF THE TIME NOT LASTING LONG AND A COUPLE TIMES PROLONGED" I WAS LATE ON A DELIVERY AMD MY LOGBOOK WOULD NOT HAVE RESET MY HRS I TOLD THIS DISPATCHER AND ASKED IF SHE COULD RESET A MONDAY PICKUP APPT. TO TUESDAY MORNING TO LET MY HRS RESET SINCE I WAS LATE GETTING HOME BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE (THE LOAD WOULD STILL HAVE BEEN ONTIME SINCE IT HAS A RAIL CUT OF 17:30 JUNE 2ND) I TOLD HER 24HRS HRS BEFORE HAND THERE ARE ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT MORE THAN I HAVE PUT IN HERE! IT IS HARD TO FIND DRIVING JOBS THAT LET YOU HAVE WEEKENDS OFF AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO UNLOAD. OR I WOULD HAVE QUIT A LONG TIME AGO OTHER DRIVERS ARE NOT TREATED LIKE THIS. CAN I DO ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS?? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME P.S. I'M SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG BUT I COULDN'T SEE HOW I COULD GET A GOOD ANSWER WITHOUT EXPLAINING AT LEAST HALF THE ISSUES AND THERE HAVE BEEN PLENTY MORE
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for is dilemma. Can you tell me, is this a union job?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO SIR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY PHONE IS CHARGING AND THE VOLUME IS SO BAD I CAN BARELY HEAR ON IT
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So what is your specific question? What is it you want to accomplish?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wanting to know what I can do LEGALLY this goes on and on with a little lapse here n there we have electronic logs they can look at anytime they want they never seem TO LEARN I HAVE IN THE PAST GONE TO HIGHER UPS AND LODGED COMPLAINTS ON THE ON-BOARD COMPUTER IN THE TRUCK AND I DO HAVE SOME TEXTS ON MY PHONE AND THERE ARE CO-WORKERS THAT ARE AWARE OF MY ISSUES. so what are my options
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have to step away so will opt out and allow other experts to assist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have told my dispatcher and ramp manager "SPECIFICALLY THAT I WOULD START RECORDING EVERY CONVERSATION WE HAVE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED"
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Another contributor here, and I'll try to assist with your question. As you know, if you don't like the working conditions where you are, your option is leave and go to another company. But there are obvious benefits to staying where you are, and you've acquired some benefits. Unless you can claim some kind of race or gender discrimination, your complaints (except for the accident charge and suspension) are too vague to base legal action on. That is, there is nothing you can do to force the company supervisors to treat you a certain way. So it may be best to try to "go with the flow" with a smile. Threatening to record conversations may or may not work out well. I don't know the people. BTW, I have some experience with gallbladder, and removal should have ended the bowel problem. The say as long as you watch the fat. I hope this information is helpful and tHere's no charge for the medical info :-).