Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My license was suspened in florida due traffic violation

Customer Question

hello my license was suspened in florida due traffic violation and non payment of fees due to employment and i now live in georgia how do i get them reinstated
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, this is a common question we get all too often. I am afraid that FL will not release the hold on your license for any other state to issue you a license until you go to the court (or contact the court) where the citation was issued and pay what is due and the clerk of that court notifies DMV in FL that the violation has been paid and only then will DMV release the hold on your license.
I am sorry to say, until you settle paying the fines with the court where the citation was issued, the DMV in FL or GA cannot do anything to reinstate your license.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do they have any programs in florida that can assist with fee payment of citation due to unemployment
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry to say that they do not have any programs that help with fees. The only recourse you can have is you have to go to FL to the court where the fine was ordered and go before that judge and ask the judge to substitute community service instead of the fine and then you have to work those hours of community service, usually 40-80 hours for a traffic fine, and the court will then issue the release order for satisfaction of the fine. This is solely at the discretion of the court and typically you would have to do it in FL.