TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I am researching if i have a case to sue someone

Customer Question

i am researching if i have a case to sue someone for slander
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have worked at my current employer for 7.5 years. A new COO/CFO was hired in January and ever since has spread lies about what I have done/not done. I have found out recently that he has spoken bad about me to the owner of the company. The owner and I have had a very open and loyal relationship and the last few months has not talked to me and found out it is because of what he is hearing from the new COO/CFO. I also heard this past week that he is spreading lies and talking negatively to the business interior designer and billing company. Two people who should not hear about employee business. This have effected my work environment, the way employees have treated me, my work responsibilities and me emotionally.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.
What you describe does sound like slander. In order to win a lawsuit for slander, you must prove that the COO made false statements about you to third parties, and that your reputation was damaged as a result. The facts that you shared with me here seem to indicate that you have evidence to prove those required elements to win a slander lawsuit. Accordingly, my suggestion is to contact a local attorney to begin the process to take action.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.