TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

What are the rules or laws pertaining to employees entering

Customer Question

What are the rules or laws pertaining to employees entering guests Hotel rooms?
Anyone allowed besides maintenance or house cleaning staff. Thanks
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.
It's a matter of contract law. When you rent the room, you agree to the hotel's various policies, including those relating to hotel employees who enter the room. In a nutshell, you consent to hotel staff entering when necessary to perform various duties.
Although I can't say with certainty in your particular case since I don't know the hotel's specific policies, I would be very surprised if their policies limit access to only maintenance and cleaning staff. If necessary, I'm sure the manager and other staff may enter as well.
Having said that, you do have a certain expectation of privacy. Accordingly, if an employee were to enter your room without good cause (such as to perform his duties), then that would be unlawful. Additionally, the hotel may not allow other parties to enter your hotel room. For instance, the hotel may not allow the police to enter unless they have a warrant to do so.
Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.