Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If you are accused of running a red light & the officer does

Customer Question

If you are accused of running a red light & the officer does not stop you but pulls into a store parking lot to accuse & write you a ticket. What is the best way to defend it. I did not run the red light?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest first you make sure there are no cameras in the area that "evidence" can be pulled from Next, of course it will be your word against the officer. And so when you plead not guilty, I suggest some questions the judge may ask you are1- How fast were you going?2 - At what point did the light turn yellow as you approached it? Or was it still green?3 - Was there a car in front of you?4 - Was there a car in back of you?5 - Did the car in back of you make it through the yellow light, too? And basically based on those answers the court will determine who's word is more credible.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide you information for what you ask. And if you have other questions or need clarification, please post here. Otherwise, I appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you