Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

IF A PERSON GOT THREE YEARS NONVIOLENT CRIME. WHAT ARE

Customer Question

IF A PERSON GOT THREE YEARS FOR A NONVIOLENT CRIME. WHAT ARE SOME WAYS THEY COULD GET EARLY RELEASE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
The process will evolve via "good conduct" or "good time" credits. These credits are granted based on good behavior as well as participation in work/educational programs.
These credits can be applied towards an inmate's sentence(s) to establish an earlier release date, unless the inmate was sentenced under the Truth-in-Sentencing statute and must serve 85% of his/her sentence.
Good time credits can be applied towards establishing sentence expiration date. Good time credits cannot be applied towards establishing parole eligibility.
An inmate sentenced to the custody of the department, including a prisoner serving time in a designated local facility, is eligible for good time. The credit is computed at the rate of 20 days for each month served.
Prisoners convicted of a “no-parole offense” are entitled to a deduction from the term of their sentence beginning with the day on which the service of the sentence commences to run, computed at the rate of three days for each month served, but are not entitled to a reduction below the minimum term of incarceration provided.
Eligible inmates enrolled in academic, technical or vocational training programs may earn a reduction in their sentence of zero to one day for every two days they are employed or enrolled.
This credit is applied against their parole eligibility date and dependent upon the crime for which they were convicted. A maximum annual credit for both work credit and education credit is limited to 180 days per year.
“No parole offenders” in this area may earn a reduction of six days
for every month they are employed or enrolled, however, that reduction may not reduce their minimum term of incarceration. A maximum annual credit for both work credit and education credit for this group of offenders is limited to 72 days.
Additionally, the inmate's case manager can help with the programming.
Your request for a phone call came in as I was typing the information. I do not participate in phone call service offered by this site. But if you have other questions, please let me know here.
Thank you