CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I live in Texas. a young girl and her 2 children have been

Customer Question

i live in Texas. a young girl and her 2 children have been staying at my house since the lst of July 2014. she does receive mail her, pays no household expenses or rent. i want her to leave. she does not want to leave. how can i get her out of my house?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You need to file an unlawful detainer action against this person (an "eviction" action). This person has the same rights as a tenant (even though they are not paying rent). However, this is a summary proceeding and in most cases it takes only a short time. (See: http://www.landlordguidance.com/eviction-notice-forms/texas-eviction/ for procedural tips and forms - this is a link to a paid site, but it is a very helpful one).If she is potentially causing damage to your property, or is threatening to harm you or anyone else, you should call the police, they will continue to respond and enforce the peace, if she represents an ongoing threat to you or anyone else, you can seek a civil restraining order (which works even faster than an eviction order - but it requires a threat of imminent physical harm).