How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114797
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I filed my Notice of Appearance and Demand on March 6, 2015 to the Attorney for the Plaintiff and Electronically with the Albany NY Supreme Court and have received no response. What do I do now. I checked online with the courts and the case has not been
assigned and nothing further has been filed. What do I do now ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once you filed your Notice and Demand, the defendants are served the notice and complaint and then they have 20 days to file an answer from the date they were served the notice and complaint. If they have not filed any response to the complaint, then you need to file a Motion for Default Judgment and serve each defendant and go to court for a default judgment against the defendants.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be somewhat difficult to go to court. It was filed in New York and I reside in Nevada. Is that my only option ?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, while you may handle filing documents electronically or by mail, some parts of a suit have to be handled in person, so at some point if you file a motion for default judgment you will have to appear or hire an attorney in NY for limited representation to appear and get your judgment.