Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

What is the form to use when consultants firm is hired temporarily

Customer Question

What is the form to use when consultants firm is hired temporarily to manage marketing, when he is board member. Is there a conflict?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
You would just need a consulting agreement with the terms of the project, the compensation, period of time the project will last, etc.
It is completely permissible for a board member to provide service to the corporation so long as all details are fully disclosed and the contract is fair.
Obviously, the board member would need to recuse himself from any vote on retaining his services.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.