Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Paid a loan with money orders and debt collector still denys payment. Traced money orders

Customer Question

Paid a loan with money orders and debt collector still denys payment. Traced money orders back to debt collector. What do I do ? Money orders made out to debtor but they are denying payments. 6 money orders adding up to 3700.00. They are saying they were cashed by someone else an absolute joke !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear of this matter.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
I suggest you make copies of all the evidence you have showing that the money orders were sent and cashed by the creditors. And you write a letter stating that you do not owe any money. You need to deny you owe the debt and state here is the proof and you demand they cease and desist harassing you or you will consider a civil lawsuit against them for the harassment. Mail that letter with copies of your evidence certified mail with a return receipt requested. That way you have evidence that you showed them that you do not owe any money
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
You also can report them to the FTC and you can use this Link for that information
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
You also may want to consult with a local attorney and consider having them write the cease and desist letter with your evidence of payment as a letter from an attorney is more intimidating and means business.