Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is***** age 59 paternity test were

Customer Question

My name is***** age 59 paternity test were done on me in 1956 & again in 1958 there are 4 men involve but my father Kenneth Daniel Jakabcin raised me but I want to know my birth father can you help me.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
hello Steven. We can provide you with information on legal subjects, but you asked: "can you help me". can you tell me more about what kind of help you are seeking? Do you have specific questions about DNA testing? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DNA testing was done on me with 4 different men and my mother Sylvia will not answer any questions and my father who raise me has died. I do not look like my parents or my brother / sisters. I need to know the truth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How to I get copies of my paternity tests. I also had testing done on me in Californa 1968 / 1972
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Those DNA tests are not public record, so unless your mother or one of the men involved voluntarily discloses the information there is no way that you can obtain it. You would have to get one of the men to voluntarily undergo new DNA tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The records were sealed in my behalf as a young boy. As an adult I should be able to obtain this information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I'm sorry I wasted yours and my time no other assistance required.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out so another expert can help you with this question. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow that process. Thanks for contacting Just Answer .
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor and I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In CA, if the paternity record is closed and sealed, the only parties who can inspect the records would be a party to the case, the attorneys for the parties, child services or someone with a court order. So you would have to apply to the court for an order to inspect the sealed records and explain your good cause to the court for needing to see the sealed records, such as needing potential hereditary health information.
So in order to get the records unsealed to look at them, you need to file a motion in superior court to get a court order to inspect the records.