Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Yes I am in believe that my husband has filled out

Customer Question

yes I am in believe that my husband has filled out arbitration papers on me I looked at tax papers and they had the word arbitration in them I'm concerned about this wondering what this means can you please help me tina XXXX
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hey, Tina. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you tonight and I hope you are doing well.
Arbitration is a scary legal work that is actually not that bad of a deal. An arbitrator is essentially like a judge. They are a trier of fact and law that looks at a particular legal issue and makes a non-binding ruling on the issue. It is non-binding because the result of the arbitration can be appealed to a regular court of law by the party that is not satisfied with the ruling of the arbitrator.
The purpose and design of arbitration is truthfully to lighten the load on the court system. It helps people find a middle ground on issues and keeps them out of court in many cases.
So, don't be too worried about the process as it is not as bad as it sounds.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Please rate my answer positively if you have been assisted at all.
Best wishes!