How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36960
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a deed in where I am 80% owner and a person who was supposed to build me a cabin

Customer Question

I have a deed in ky where I am 80% owner and a person who was supposed to build me a cabin is assigned the remaining 20% for the completed job, which he did not finish, but abandoned the job and the property. I am wondering how I can get the 20% out of his name back to mine. He has vanished.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You will have to file a suit to quiet title.This is a suit where you ask the court to award you clear complete title.The court should do so because the other party did not live up to the oral contract.You will need a lawyer to file suit.
Whenever in Kentucky there is a situation like this where the other party had a partial interest you have to file such a suit to quiet title seeking to have the court award you clear title to the entire property.
Law for reference.
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=17768
Lawyer referral for real estate lawyer--put in your city..
http://www.avvo.com/real-estate-lawyer/ky/louisville.html
Here you can move to claim quiet title based on your facts and seek to have complete title awarded to yourself.
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Related Legal Questions