Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I was arrested on a domestic violence assult 4 sat 5/23. Released

Customer Question

I was arrested on a domestic violence assult 4 sat 5/23. Released from jail Sunday 5/24. I was ordered to have no contact with my boyfriend. My paperwork says it is further ordered that if a complaint is filed in the district court everett wa division by 5pm 5/27/15 the conditions of release including bail shall remain. If a complaint is not filed by the required date and time then the defendant shall be released from jail, and all conditions of release shall be exonerated and be of no further effect, and any bond or bail posted shall be exonerated. Does that mean it is ok for me to go home today 5/27/15 after 5 pm? No complaints were filed by my boyfriend.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Yes, that's exactly what it means. If there was no complaint filed by close of business today, there are no longer any conditions on you with regard to the case.