Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Hired a handyman-paid -issued checks-he cashed

Customer Question

hired a handyman-paid for services-issued checks-he cashed the checks- work never completed- gave phony address- gave numerous excuses for not returning the money-check #1 $4040.00-check#2 $3519.00 I hired a private investigator to secure pertinent information, but now I need an attorney to help collect my lost funds.He was supposed to order a steam room generator and composite boards for my dock from check #1 With check#2 he was supposed to order a large quantity of paint for the entire house,but he only painted a small portion of a dividing wall and a small section below a window in which he oversprayed on my new patio set. He used cardboard instead of taping around sections to be painted.He abandoned all my intended projects,refuses to answer my calls,and he scammed me out of $7559.00. Aldine Kriso(###) ###-####
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. How did you find this person? Does he hold any licenses with the State? Have you contacted the police at all and filed a report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot file a police report because it is a civil litigation. I hired a PI and learned that he attempted several times to secure work without a contractor`s license.
Thank you for the additional information. Can you share with me what your specific question is? I know you said you need to hire an attorney, so are you looking for possible referrals or are hoping someone from the site can represent you, which is not possible?