Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
9200179

How do I activate my Nexus (Canada/US) card?

Customer Question

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
Please explain your issue in more detail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and I requested a Nexus renewal last December (2014). Upon receipt of the cards, we (I thought) activated them.We then stayed in Florida for four months. Upon return, we were stopped at the border crossing back into the U.S. twice (but not into Canada). We were told that my Nexus card (Francis A. Marvin) had been activated but not my wife's (Patricia A. Marvin). I have been trying to activate the card for her without success on two occasions. I am frustrated.
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 year ago.
Ah okay.
When you mentioned Nexus, I was thinking phone related. You accidentally placed this question in the computer category. I am going to have it moved to the correct category so that someone can help you. Please do not reply back until another expert responds otherwise it could delay the process.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.
What have you tried in regards ***** ***** her card and what results?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid I can't recall exactly what I did. I have been using our computer without success, probably because I am 80 years old and not very good at using a computer except as a typewriter. All I need to do is activate a Nexus card. I can't imagine that needs legal aid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If activating the card by telephone can be done, that is what I would like to do. My telephone number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you are in possession of my previous communique so that you know My name is***** and I am trying to activate my wife's (Patricia Alene Marvin) Nexus card. Mine was activated December, 2014.
Ok. I ask that you PLEASE not log off without leaving a positive rating using smiley faces or 3 or more stars. This is VERY important and we do not finish just because it says, "To finish...". You may continue to ask additional questions without additional charge on this same thread even after you leave a positive rating.
I agree computers can be somewhat difficult. Your spouse is supposed to have her own account connected to that card. Here is the official link:
https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes
Copy and paste that link into your browser or type it out. Pay special attention to this:
"You must sign in to activate your card. If you do not have a GOES User ID, please register. During registration you must provide your PASSID/Membership Number. After you sign in, click on the Activate Membership Card button under the Program Membership(s) section on the Home page."
So no, you do not need legal help, but she will have to go through the process.
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That does not help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service for a small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, "To finish". I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's do this by telephone.(###) ###-#### ***** wife will respond to whatever questions she is given. She must have a GOES account. But we do not have records of it.
It is an additional fee to speak over the phone. I can keep it low if you like. Let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is low?
I will send it to you as I cannot discuss it on the forum but you should be happy. Check your private email and follow those directions. Thank you.
I noticed that you haven't accepted the offer. Was it really too much? It really can't be too much lower than that. Time that I spend with you on the phone is time that would prevent me from attending other customers and would essentially cost me earnings. Would you consider accepting the offer? If not, what more could I answer for you here?