Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I sold a cat online to someone and I accidentally shipped the

Customer Question

I sold a cat online to someone and I accidentally shipped the wrong cat. I have offered him his money back plus shipping but he wants to keep the cat, plus send him the right cat, plus damages of future kittens the cat could have had. The mistake was found out before the cat had kittens or anything so I just want my cat back and to undo the contract on the wrong cat.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
You would need to file a replevin action in the county where your cat is being held.
A replevin is where you ask the court to return your personal property being held by someone who refuses to return it.
The forms are available from the clerk of the court.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.