Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was attending a vocational school Practical

Customer Question

I was attending a vocational school for Licensened Practical Nursing. After the first semester I was dismissed from the program because of low grade scores. According to there contract I signed in the beginning of school. it states All final exam scores will be rounded to the next whole number. Had they did that I would have been able to remediate and bring up my grade and move on to the next semester. Also the contract states. If a student is put on Financial and Academic Probation they have 45 days to bring their grade up. I was dismissed from school the same day they put me on probation. What are my legal rights here?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience.
If you have the proof that they violated their own policy and contract, then you can sue them for violation of their policy and for breach of contract.
You can sue for what is termed "specific performance". This means that they would have to let you back into school and that they would have to credit you as they should have initially.
In addition you may be able to have them ordered to pay your attorney fees as well as a small amount of damages for your delay in academic progress which may set your graduation day (and thus earnings ability) back.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.
Please rate my answers positively if you have been assisted.
Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward.