Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I received a call from a concern called DBG. They stated I

Customer Question

I received a call from a concern called DBG. They stated I had an account with them since 6-28-2013. They stated they have been taking money out of my Comm. Choice C U account and now the term has elapsed and they want to draw $164.95 Quaretely. Went to my C U and they have no record on my monthly statements from anyone named DBG or an amount of $164.95 being drawn out of my account. I have no record in my checkbook for anyone named DBG or the stated amount. I don't want to pursue this further. I certainly don't want to pay out money I do not have. Please advise what my next step to take should be.
Elizabeth Keller
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
Pay no attention to them whatsoever as this is a scam, Elizabeth. This is an entity that preys on people by trying to appear as though they are a legitimate entity, when in reality, they are not. They will take your money and perhaps steal your identity if you give them any personal information.
To that end, you do not need to have any other contact with them. It would also be a good idea to contact your state attorney general's office of consumer protection and let them know that this scam is taking place. They can investigate and even prosecute those responsible.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Please rate my answer positively if you have been assisted.
Best wishes going forward!