Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

If you are diabetic & have chronic kidney syndrome & the doctor

Customer Question

if you are diabetic & have chronic kidney syndrome & the doctor draws blood work when he first takes the job at an assisted living facility then quits drawing blood work for three years is this negligence? I changed doctors & bloodwork & testing were done immediately & found one kidney that was operating at 40% has gone down 10% to 30%. The severe & critical line is 20%. My doctor never mentioned my kidneys ever since I've known him. Now I'm not the perfect diabetic. I go off my diet & splurge occasionally, but I feel like I should have been made aware of my declining kidney so I would have realized how my actions were affecting me. Is this negligence on the part of the doctor?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question and the only thing I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating so that the website will give me credit for assisting you, Fair enough ?
I will assume that the doctor who drew the blood had the patient's file and knew that the patient was diabetic and had chronic kidney syndrome - The doctor should then have realized that the patient would require blood to be drawn fairly frequently, so that the patient's blood sugar level could be monitored. Any first year medical student would know this and that failure to monitor the patient's blood-sugar level could be fatal at the very worst. But, even without that fatality, the doctor would be negligent if he did not monitor the patient's blood-sugar level because of all the other complications that result from diabetes such as kidney failure.
_______________________________________________________
KINDLY LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING SO THAT JUSTANSWER WILL GIVE ME CREDIT FOR ASSISTING YOU,
KIND REGARDS,
ANDREA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doctor monitored my blood sugar by the readings I took each morning. He has never spoken about my kidneys or drawn blood work to monitor my creatin level. Is this negligence?
Please see my Answer to your question BY TYPING THE FOLLOWING IN THE ADDRESS BAR -
http://www.justanswer.com/law/9421d-doctor-monitored-blood-sugar-readings-took.html#
Thank you,
ANDREA