Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My name is***** fiance has a situation of breach

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** fiance has a situation of breach of contract. Its a musician contract. Long story short, he had a friend that invested no more than about 5grand into the band. Convinced them all to sign a contract for 6 years. He would take a 40% cut of all proceeds. This "manager" never set up one gig, kept all the winnings of every show cause it was going towards paying himself back, and he would spend hundreds of dollars buying out the bar etc. He turned into a crazy manager with the mentality of " I OWN YOU GUYS"and the band split, obviously. He is now sueing each one individually for 250,000 thousand dollars, none of them have any assets, and Im afraid he will have to file for bankruptcy if this goes into default. They've been going to court no one is represented and neither side can come to an agreement with settling. He wanted 50,000 and then went down to 25, to 16. And this year is the end of the contract and this manager's attorney is pushing this into default. I just need a little bit of advice. The first attorney we had screwed out of a lot of money.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an Arizona attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma however I'm not sure I understand your specific question.
Do you have a specific question? Would it help to chat on the phone about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an extra charge for phone time?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I sent the offer