N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

What can be done if you hire a lawyer and paid . the lawyer

Customer Question

what can be done if you hire a lawyer and paid . the lawyer hires another lawyer to represent the children was called emergency by first attorney now 18 days later neither lawyer will not answer phone call or return messages.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you
Can you explain the facts in a bit more detail? What was the purpose of hiring the first lawyer? What do you mean the lawyer hired another lawyer to represent the children? Who contended there was an emergency? What was the alleged emergency? What do you mean that you can't find the lawyer listed? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first lawyer was hired by my grand son seeking custody for his two children because the mother could not comply with the original order of the judje she has no home no job no transportation totake children to school plus she is lives with friends
who are abusive with the children the oldest is four years old and has complained I paid the lawyer the money so he could pay the attorney for the children so the attorney was to inspect all allegations neither will answer my ph. calls or return messages
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding. I don't think I understand the entire situation well enough to be confident that I can provide a complete and accurate assessment. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
New Expert here.
Please clarify, does either lawyer return calls from your grandson?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his attorney returns his calls and charges him for them the other has not returned any calls or messages
I can understand a lawyer not returning calls from a non-client, even if the non-cient paid the retainer, but I do not understand why the second lawyer will not return anyone's calls. And I do not understand how the first lawyer was able to get a lawyer for the children without getting a court order first.
This seems fishy, and it may be too complicated to adequately sort out in this forum. The lawyer appears to be violating Rule 1.4(a)(4) by not keeping the client informed, see
http://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/pdfs/Regulation/Colorado%20RPC%202007.pdf
You can get a free consultation from some of the local family law attorneys listed at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/family-law/Pueblo/Colorado
I know you're fed up with them, but I have to urge you to consult a local attorney.
I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
If you are satisfied, please remember to rate my answer as 3 or higher, otherwise I receive no compensation for my time here.