Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am looking /low cost background check websites for

Customer Question

I am looking for Free/low cost background check websites for landlords. I am a landlord at NJ.
I need a site that has at least the following:
Crime
Eviction
Employers
Any court cases initiated or against them
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and i will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have to use a Consumer Reporting Agency. A CRA is federally regulated to maintain high standards for privacy protection and dispute resolution.
Below is a link for a list of those agencies
http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201501_cfpb_list-consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf
Please copy and past the link into a browser and then on page 13 OF THAT DOCUMENT there are list for tenant background checks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Samuel. I went through the 1st link on page 13 (CICreports.com). The landlord makes a request (with only the tenants email), the tenant pays and if the tenant wants they send a pdf of their report to the landlord. One of the problems with this method is that the tenant can manipulate this report.

I am looking for a site that I enter the SSN and name, and I receive the report. Can you help me with that?

Thank you

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
No. I do not. I will opt out and allow another professional to assist you. Please DO NOT rate or respond to this thread and another professional will be with you shortly and your deposit will remain in tact.
Thank you