Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I recently helped a company hired by a bail bondsman

Customer Question

Hello, I recently helped a company hired by a bail bondsman to find a fugitive from justice. They were offering a reward, which is part of why I agreed to help them. I am now being messed with and I feel they are trying to swindle me out of the reward money. Can you give me advice?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
If your information directly led to the apprehension of the fugitive, then you should be able to collect the promised reward. Your remedy would be to sue the company for reneging in their agreement with you.
I don't know how much money you were promised as a reward, but you could sue for up to $10,000 in Minnesota's small claims court and not have to lay out anything in legal fees to try to collect what's due you.