Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I moved my personal phone to a company account after 2 months

Customer Question

I moved my personal phone to a company account after 2 months the company released me shut of my phone service with no notice and reported my paid for device stolen
I had to get a whole new device and new number any legal recourse
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you explain a little more?
Why did you move your personal phone to the company's account?
Why were you released?
Why did the company shut off your service and report the phone as stolen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply,I am one of three shareholders of a digital publishing company called Isaak books.
I own 25%, a tech partner owns 50% and one other person owns 25%.In January I was due for an upgrade of my personal device for no cost at ATT...at the time we as a group realized we should get a business account by combining our personal accounts with ATT to save money. So I converted my personal line to the corporate account with a new device.As a group we have been at odds for a while as a company, we have different goals.
Without warning everything came to a halt. My phone was shut off and my email account blocked immediately.This happened on a Friday evening...I suspected something so I took my device to ATT where they informed me that my device was reported stolen...They could see it was not stolen and my name was on the account...They informed me that the situation could only be resolved with all parties at customer service...this meeting of the minds would not happen so I opened a new account with a new number that evening..I am sure this was done to block clients from reaching me as I was the lead client contact with most of our business. It has caused confusion of course and cost time and money to inform all the clients of my new contact details.I also owned the company URL at GoDaddy.com but I allowed the tech team access to make adjustments...now I am blocked. I am working with GoDaddy to get that URL back. Again clearly to block my interaction with clients.I am sure I can regroup and surpass my former colleagues in my own venture because I hold the actual clients but I began to think certainly something should be done about the manner they have handled this break. The shareholder who has done this was not a citizen, did not have a green card at the time she began working with this venture and I would have believed she would have avoided doing anything remotely shady but I was blindsided.
Thank you for the information:
Thank you for your reply,
I am one of three shareholders of a digital publishing company called Isaak books.
I own 25%, a tech partner owns 50% and one other person owns 25%.
In January I was due for an upgrade of my personal device for no cost at ATT...at the time we as a group realized we should get a business account by combining our personal accounts with ATT to save money. So I converted my personal line to the corporate account with a new device.
As a group we have been at odds for a while as a company, we have different goals.
Without warning everything came to a halt. My phone was shut off and my email account blocked immediately.
This happened on a Friday evening...I suspected something so I took my device to ATT where they informed me that my device was reported stolen...They could see it was not stolen and my name was on the account...
They informed me that the situation could only be resolved with all parties at customer service...this meeting of the minds would not happen so I opened a new account with a new number that evening..
I am sure this was done to block clients from reaching me as I was the lead client contact with most of our business. It has caused confusion of course and cost time and money to inform all the clients of my new contact details.
I also owned the company URL at GoDaddy.com but I allowed the tech team access to make adjustments...now I am blocked. I am working with GoDaddy to get that URL back. Again clearly to block my interaction with clients.
I am sure I can regroup and surpass my former colleagues in my own venture because I hold the actual clients but I began to think certainly something should be done about the manner they have handled this break. The shareholder who has done this was not a citizen, did not have a green card at the time she began working with this venture and I would have believed she would have avoided doing anything remotely shady but I was blindsided.

Response: You can sue the company for any loss that you have suffered as a result of these illegal actions. It was incredibly unprofessional and unethical of them to shut down your account with ATT and then report your phone stolen. If they have issues with you, they should have discussed them with you. Nonetheless, suing the company at this time would not be worth the headache. You should extricate yourself from the situation, get your clients and url back without further costs and move on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.
I think you are right...and perhaps the best revenge will be my success.
Thank you for the reply.

Response: Yes, success is always the best revenge against people who have treated you horribly.
Best wishes,