Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Employment question: I work rather "clever" individual.

Customer Question

Employment question:
I work for a rather "clever" individual. Note that she has had several managers before and a litigation regarding race. In comparison to the rest of the team, and despite documented individual meetings, she has a disproportionate sense of reality.
I have had to repeatedly ask her for
-deadlines not met, deliverables, monthly reports, etc.
She claims that I am "bothering/bullying her". How could you possible "bother" someone when you are asking them to perform their minimal job description.
I have to say that I am not her only "victim". In addition, if the admin does not order the lunch that she wants, she will go and complain that another lunch made her sick. Even worse, she will outwardly brag, that all it takes is to "escalate" and you can get whatever you want. HR is listening to squeky wheels vs asking questions without biais.
I am very concerned. This person has done this before and before..
I have emails, proof of our meetings, dates that have not been met, etc. She is zig zagging between colleagues trying to make herself look like the victim - that people are picking on her... In the end, she is not doing her job! I am overwhelmed and panicked by this devious behavior.
Advice?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your specific question?
We do not give legal advice here. We only provide general legal information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My direct report has gone to HR stating that I am being too harsh in getting her basic job done. HR is not listening to both sides adequately. This direct report has been "threatening" and trying to make herself look like a victim in some way.What can I do to best protect myself from these allegations is the question? I have supporting emails, and minutes from our direct conversations, proof of deadlines. How can I demonstrate that this is not "bullying" but rather asking for highlights and next steps???
Thank you for the information:
My direct report has gone to HR stating that I am being too harsh in getting her basic job done. HR is not listening to both sides adequately. This direct report has been "threatening" and trying to make herself look like a victim in some way.
What can I do to best protect myself from these allegations is the question? I have supporting emails, and minutes from our direct conversations, proof of deadlines. How can I demonstrate that this is not "bullying" but rather asking for highlights and next steps???

Response: Conduct all your communications with her in writing so that there would not be any misunderstanding. Tell her that this is what you are going to be doing going forward. Then submit all correspondence with her to HR to show that she is not actually telling the truth, that you are just providing information to her on what she needs to do and not "bullying" her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
You are quite Welcome!