Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My question is . can these visitations be changed through the

Customer Question

my question is . can these visitations be changed through the court. we live in victorville ca they live in rancho cucamonga. they set up activitaties on our days for visits so that we have to spend all day and night driving back and forth to take her to her activities. so we are in the car all day and cant visit with the child. it takes about*****back and forth now that we have her for one week they put her in activities from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm then back there at 4:00 in the after noon untill eight oclock in the evening. all week long.
this is what the court orders say. they judge said we could get extra days if both parties agree but they won't . I need to know if it is possible to go back to court to change alot of things and I need to know how expense it is.
below is the court order
PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS TERI AND WILLIAM THORNTON TO HAVE VISITATION AS FOLLOWS:
WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION:
ON THE 1ST AND 3RD WEEKEND(S) OF EACH MONTH FROM AFTER SCHOOL ON FRIDAY TO 6PM ON SUNDAY.
AFTER SCHOOL IS DONE (COMMENCEMENT OF SUMMER)
THE FIRST WEEK AFTER SCHOOL IS OUT, VISITATION SHALL BE FROM NOON ON MONDAY TO 6PM ON SUNDAY.
-
THE PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS SHALL HAVE VISITATION THE FIRST WEEK THE MINOR CHILD IS OUT OF SCHOOL
WHEN SUMMER COMMENCES.
-
COMMENCING AFTER SCHOOL ENDS (SUMMER COMMENCES), VISITATION TO BE AS FOLLOWS:
ON THE FIRST WEEK EACH MONTH FROM NOON ON MONDAY UNTIL 6PM ON SUNDAY AND ON THE THIRD WEEK EACH
MONTH FROM NOON ON WEDNESDAY UNTIL 6PM ON SUNDAY.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I am sorry to hear that your visits are being made so complicated for you.
I suggest you can file a Modification to the Order and that you can file the Modification on your own. You can get those documents from the clerk of the court and file them with the court that issued the current order.
Of course, I do not see in your order where it states that you must take the child to activities. And so your time is your time. And you do not need to comply with any activities for the child, if you do not want to.
However, you need to decide what is in the child's best interest.