Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Where can I find a case law

Customer Question

Where can I find a case law number for credit for time served on a warrant hold in Washington state?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
I'm not sure what you're looking form could you rephrase?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son was held by King County for possession of a stolen vehicle and a warrant hold was placed on him by Snohomish County for the entire year served in King County. He is now in Snohomish County and is being sentenced, but is wondering if he can get time served because of the hold they had on him for the last year. He is not allowed to go to the law library, but believes that if a warrant hold is placed, he should get that time credit. He needs case law to support his belief.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to have to opt out if you are needing case law.
The cost of accessing the legal databases, not including the time needed for the research, is several hundred dollars for even a simple search.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try elsewhere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want another referral. I would like a refund as another attorney is going to tell me the same thing you did. Since my membership has been cancelled, I am unable to log in and self-request a refund. Please process this request. Thank you.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. I believe that some clarification is warranted here -- for the benefit of others who may see this Q&A session later on the internet. Despite the fact that practically none of the attorneys in this forum have access to costly professional subscription legal research tools, there is at least one attorney who does have such access. That would be me. As proof of this fact, I refer you to this previous Q&A session. That said, I wish you the best with your legal dilemma. Or, if you change your mind, let me know, and I'll try to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I received the first response, I contacted someone else outside of this site's scope. Because the other attorney's fee is higher, I am still requesting a refund from this site.
Best wishes with your legal dilemma.