Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

JUST ORDERED ON TUE. W/OUT RECESS TO ALLOW TO GET PROOF OR

Customer Question

JUST ORDERED ON TUE. W/OUT RECESS TO ALLOW TO GET PROOF OR PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION THAT THE FATHER HAS NOT HAD CURRENT/FREQUENT CONTACT WITH THE CHILD WHOM IS ONLY 16 MONTHS, HAS 4 OTHER KIDS W/ WHOM HE HAS NO CONTACT AND 2 OF HIS RIGHTS SEVERED. YET, AM RULED TO GIVE MY CHILD WHO HAS NEVER BEEN AWAY FROM ME FOR EVEN 24 HRS-TO MAKE GO W/ OTHER PARTY FROM FRI. @6 TIL MON.@ 6. BEING SENT TO AN UNKNOWN PLACE AND ATMOSPHERE W/ VIRTUAL STRANGER AND THEIR LIVE IN MATE.
IS THERE ANY ACCEPTABLE REASON FOR NON COMPLIANCE WITH A TEMPORARY ORDER OF PARENT TIME FOR A HOLIDAY WEEKEND?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
The only real justification for not producing a child for visitation would be an emergency like the child was in the hospital, and that's obviously not something you can plan in advance. Your lawyer is right that we really can't tell a person to violate a court order.
If the father files for contempt, then you would have to try to show the judge evidence that he or the mate presented a real danger to the child's health and safety - but you're taking a risk that you WILL be found in contempt of court, which could mean fines or other penalties. There's no way to guarantee a judge will take your side.
You may want to call your lawyer again to see if he can get the information you need in front of the judge before 6 pm. I'm sorry.