Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

If I have to sign my name on a form that everyone can see each

Customer Question

If I have to sign my name on a form that everyone can see each time I go off on ADA, is it a violation of my right to privacy because everyone in the office can see I'm on ADA??
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
There unfortunately isn't any specific right to privacy in employment. There's no statute that applies to this scenario, and medical privacy laws only apply to medical providers and insurance companies. What you can do is talk to the HR Department or your immediate supervisor about your concerns, and about implementing a policy to protect sensitive employee information.
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.