LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My mother is 77 years old she went to look car and was

Customer Question

My mother is 77 years old she went to look for a car and was influence into it.She was not told about no cooling off period, she was told to sign in different spots,she also states that she told the sells person she could only pay 300 a month.The car she has is 29,000 when the blue book value is 17-18.Her monthly income is not enough and she not financial stable with various medical problems.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Can you share with me how your mother was influenced? How did she get to the dealer? Did someone not go with her? Also, if she could only afford $300 per month, do you know why she signed and agreed to pay more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was influence by not acknowledging her of what she is signing, what the payment is,and she did go by herself,She drove herself to the dealer.
Thank you for the additional information. With her signature on the contract, there is a presumption that she read it, understood it and agreed to the terms and conditions stated within. If that was not the case and she was forced into signing it, tricked, mislead or not of sound mind when doing so, the burden would be on her to show this happened at the time and they took advantage of her. She would need to present evidence to support her claim, if they will not let her out of the contract and she is forced to file suit. If she only had a budget of $300 and the cost for the car was greater then that, she should not have signed. As I shared above, her signature on the contract, reflect she say the price and agreed to it. In Florida, there is no 3 day cooling off period when buying a car at a dealership. Once she signed and drove the car off the lot, it belonged to her. If they will not take it back, then she needs to sue them for relief.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!