Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I purchased a vending machine less than 30 days ago and i would

Customer Question

I purchased a vending machine less than 30 days ago and i would like to return the machine due to many problems with the machine. The company said that i cannot return the machine. What options do i have?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
Based on the information that you have shared with me, it appears that the company that sold you the machine is either in material breach of contract by selling you a defective product, or they have breached their warranty. In either scenario, they should take back the machine and reimburse your money, less a proration fee for use when it was working.
This does not, unfortunately, fall under the California Lemon Law because it is not a vehicle. Therefore, the above referenced causes of action will be the most applicable.
I suggest that you send them a certified letter with a return receipt to place them on legal notice of your claim. Tell them in the letter that unless the either refund your money or provide a suitable replacement, you will sue them for fraud, fraudulent inducement, breach of contract and breach of warranty. Give them 10 days from the date of the letter to provide a written answer.
If they do not do as you wish, you are going to have to file suit, unfortunately. Depending on the value of the vending machine, you may be able to handle this in small claims court.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Also, please rate my answer positively as well.
Best wishes!