Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I went to a school (Westwood college) that I gradu from with

Customer Question

I went to a school (Westwood college) that I gradu from with an associates degree, but now that I went to enroll in UMD for my Bachelors they said my school lost their accreditation their for my degree is no good. It's going to be hard to start all over again,but the bigger problem is I took out school loans and I am 40,000 in debt
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your specific question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is do I have to pay them the $40,000 even though they lost their accreditation
Thank you for the information:
Response: No, you do not. If you have to start over, then you certainly did not get the education that was promised. If your account is sent to collection, you need to dispute the validity of the debt. You cannot pay for education that you are now not getting credit for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I agree and I do have to start all over again. I understand that I have to dispute it, but how?
You need to wait until you receive a collection letter. You can get sample dispute letters here:
http://www.debt-n-credit-letters.com/Debt-Dispute/stop-calling-letter.html