Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My mother and aunt inheirated a 2 family home from my grandmother

Customer Question

My mother and aunt inheirated a 2 family home from my grandmother so each took a floor.
My aunt has since died and a son inheirated his mothers portion of the house. During the co-ownership between my mother and aunt a figure of $300 each/ mo would be placed in an account to pay expences for the home. This amount is still in effect. My mother has used her own monies to pay expences as the $600/mo is not enough. Her nephew refuses to pay more than the $300. Is there anything that can be legally done to remedy the situation.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Unfortunately, she has to file lawsuit against her nephew to force him to pay his share of the expenses and also to reimburse her the amount she has paid on his behalf. If he is going to live in his mother's house, he needs to pay the expenses for living there.
She can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.