LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Looking on cancelling a time share within the rescission

Customer Question

Looking for advise on cancelling a time share within the rescission period. (10 days / Florida) Please advise as to what should be included in the cancellation letter.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
In Florida, to cancel a time share purchase contract you must give written notice of your intent to cancel within 10 days of the date you signed the contract.
The correct way to inform the seller is to write a letter stating:
1. Your name, as stated on the contract.
2. The contract number.
3. The date of purchase.
These pieces of information must be included in your letter. As you are out of country, I would suggest that you sent the letter by FedEx overnight mail so you can be sure that it arrives both on time and that you have proof of the delivery.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug