Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I bought a vehicle last fall and I shouldn't of did it ! I

Customer Question

I bought a vehicle last fall and I shouldn't of did it ! I have Liver Disease and was being treated at the time. My wife was informed to take my KEYS and not let me drive . " I suffer from ENSEPHALOPSY which causes extreme confusion and blackouts " she did and I went behind her back and bought a 2006 Mazda , Tribute ! Which I do not remember doing at all ! The car lot sold me a junk and charged me way more than what the car is worth and a outrages interest rate ! My wife passed away February 5 , 2015 and I am disabled and living on a fixed income and cannot make payments. I was trying to get them to take the truck back but they won't they say I signed a contract , yes I did BUT I wasn't in the right state of mind to be doing that ! I have all the proof from Docters and family members . IS THERE ANTHING I CAN DO OR AM I STUCK ? I was going to take it back and park it in their lot with the keys in it and walk away !
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.You can try a "voluntary" repossession. But once they auction it off, you will still owe the balance of the loan, plus any fees associated with the auction. Once that happens, you can then object to that, and tell them to sue you and then you can present your case. I suggest, it will not be an easy case because you will need to show that your condition affected you at that exact time you made the purchase and I suggest that would be a little difficult.