Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My step daughter served a prison sentence of 3 years in florida

Customer Question

My step daughter served a prison sentence of 3 years in florida (served 85% rule) for
credit card use over 10,000 dollars two felonies first in 2010 got probation second
in 2011 sentenced in 2012 3 yrs then released in June 2014..plus got 4 years probation.... moved to calif
and reoffended now in trial looking at 2 yrs in calif. for stealing personal ID and
burglery receiving stolen merchandise etc....California has filed a probation violation back to florida, after she serves her Calif
sentence .... does she fall under the Florida reoffender act...??she has 3 years left on her florida probation....
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of criminal law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
Florida law does not limit conviction of a criminal offense outside of Florida, relative to a probation violation. One must only be convicted of a criminal offense to trip the Reoffender Act.
As such, in all likelihood, she will fall under the Reoffender Statutes relative to the new offense and her probation.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer positively as well.
Thanks
Did you have any other questions? I just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!