Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

We just baried my dad on the 13th may.... His wife is mad at

Customer Question

We just baried my dad on the 13th may.... His wife is mad at his side of the family is now threating to have him exhumed and move back to her home town. Minafee county KY.. And he is baried in Morgantown KY ( where ) said he wanted to be ... She is only doing this cause she is MAD... How can this be prevented
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

The answer to your question is, yes, you can prevent his body from being exhumed. The way you do this is to file for what is called an injunction in the court in the county in which he is buried. In order to win on the injunction, you will have to serve notice on the opposing party (his wife) and you will have to show that you have tried to prevent this by not involving the court and that it will cause irreparable harm if it takes place.

You can go ahead and seek injunctive relief right now to have an order in place to prevent this action if you so choose.

Finally, let me express my deepest sympathies for the loss of your father. Fathers are irreplaceable. I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue in addition to grieving the loss of your father.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer positively (5 stars) as well.

Thanks and Best Wishes!

Cindy, did you have any other questions? I just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!