Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

If the hospital discharges me today and they want me out by

Customer Question

If the hospital discharges me today and they want me out by noon but my wife has to work till 7;00 pm, do I still have to leave?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, the hospital may set a discharge time and if they want they could actually charge you for another day of service. However, most hospital are reasonable about discharging patients and will work with the patient and family, they are not just going to put the patient out on the street.