Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My Wife had her car Towed From Her Numbered Parking area from

Customer Question

My Wife had her car Towed From Her Numbered Parking area from our Condo in Westfield, MA. The Condo association sent out a letter Friday Afternoon that they where sweeping the parking lot on Monday morning. We Where away for the weekend and took our other car when we got back on Monday her car was gone. we never got the note because they posted it on our door after we left. Can they do this?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
There is no MA law in this regard. The law grants the latitude to the Board of the Condo Association to develop how residents will be notified of such situations.
I suggest you need to review your bylaws and see what they state in this regard - as to how much advanced notice must be given before a project begins thereby allowing the residents time to prepare and make adjustments.
If they do not have a provision or did not follow the provision then I suggest you may be able to sue for the cost of the towing.