Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My question is in regards ***** ***** Therapy. I was in a

Customer Question

My question is in regards ***** ***** Therapy. I was in a Therapy session with a family member and the Therapist sends out a text message to another party discussing our session. would this be a violation of hippa law and what should I do about it. I do not want to harm the case but this is very wrong in my opinion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will add that this is a case involving my brother and his children. I was asked to participate in thereapy with my nephew as a support and the therapist sent out a text message that was to the mother of the child stating that "i hope that he gets his humble pie" toward my brother stating that she hopes that my brother learns a less or something along those lines.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
I suggest if your brother has signed a wavier that the information can be released it is not a violation. If not, then yes the therapist should not release any information regarding the session.
Please remember I can only provide an informational answer on what you ask. If you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you