ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I signed a contract rv, it has not been funded yet by

Customer Question

I signed a contract for an rv, it has not been funded yet by the bank, life situation changed unexpectedly...can I get out of the signed contract
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortuntaely there's no statutory "right of rescission" law that applies to used or new vehicles or RVs. That means that the contract is binding the minute that you sign it, and a "condition subsequent" is not going to affect the enforcability of the contract.
Now it's possible that there could be a contractual right of rescission (a specific clause in the contract that allows you to do this). But without a contractual right of rescission, the dealership can hold you to this contract.
You both can still agree to some sort of agreement to let you out of the contract. That's a possibility, but it would need to be something that you both agree upon. There's no "unilateral" right to cancel or rescind the contract.
I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!