Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Have a major issue with medicaid in north dakota. recently

Customer Question

have a major issue with medicaid in north dakota. recently found out that medicaid questioned a land transfer in 2004 of 210 acre crop land and 18 acre farm yard lease for my mother to continue to live there. i was not notified that this was in question as part of them penalizing and denying payments for my mother in 2012 because my brother, who was her poa, did not give them information. this resulted in recent months of my brother owing 27,000 and me the bulk of 190,000! i recently found out that property can go to a disabled family member and has no look back period. i have tried to talk to them several ways locally and in Bismarck, no response. i have a very bad upper back and can not do any gainful work since 1994.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
1. Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?
2. What would you like to see happen here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with that medicaid rule and them not notifying me at all, there should not be a 190,000 penalty that will force me to sell property to pay it and loose out on rents that i need to live on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
medicaid is an insurance, is it legal for them not to respond to a citizen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats mainly it for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 190,000 is my part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none,that should be it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what type of lawyer should i look for
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I opted out at no cost to you; this is a bit outside my expertise. Please do not respond to this message so another expert can view the question and try to help you in my place. You should look for a Medicaid Lawyer at your State Bar.