Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Has anyone questioned the legality of 322.126 and 322.125 with

Customer Question

Has anyone questioned the legality of 322.126 and 322.125 with regard to the confidentiality aspect? Someone reported that I had a medical codition effecting my ablity to drive safely. I have satisfied the request for all medical information. They approved me medically, with condition to take vision, written and extended driving test.
After months of satsifying these requirements I still am unable to find out what medical condition I was allegedly suffering from and who was my accuser. Seems very undemocratic.
Dr. Barbara Silver
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardPlease tell me who did you contact in regard to getting the information ?Who requested the medical information? The DMV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The department I spoke to and who requested compliance is the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you. Yes. In reviewing the Code, it does not have any latitude for a person to find out who made the report or what the report was for as it is even exempt from being able to obtain the information from an information request. I am not familiar with any case law where this has been challenged. I suggest that you consider first talking with your elected representative to the Florida General Assembly about some sort of amendment wherein, at the very least, a person who is reported would at least need to be told what the basis of the report was. If you need helping in locating contact information for your local official in this regard, please let me know and I will get it for you Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you ask Therefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you