How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 113505
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There I recently got divorced and I requested in my

Customer Question

Hi there
I recently got divorced and I requested in my divorce decree that I be given the rights to get my maiden name back. During the final proceedings the judge also enforced and honored my request. So I read that its pretty much taken care of. But do I still need to change it with the SS# *****? Thanks Allie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You need to take the order authorizing you to return to your maiden name to the SS Office to have them file a name change form ( ). Also, you need to bring the court order to DMV if you have not done so already to change your name with them as well.