Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

We have a shared drive way and we want to put concreate on

Customer Question

We have a shared drive way and we want to put concreate on the apron! WE WILL SHARE THE COST DO WE EACH NEE A PERMIT
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of legal experience addressing matters such as this one. It is a pleasure to assist you today.
The answer will wholly depend on the implementation area relative to the property line as is recorded on your respective deeds. If the project will take place on the exclusive property of one person, then you need only one permit (even though you are certainly allowed to share costs). If it straddles the property line, then technically, you will need two separate permits.
So, you need to decide if this will take place over the property line or if it is exclusively within one property. That will be the legal deciding factor, exclusive of cost sharing. In short, the cost sharing has nothing to do with this - it is all about property lines and where the project will specifically take place.
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. If not, please rate my answer positively.
Best wishes!
You have any other questions on this matter? Thanks