Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My brother is willingly letting people steal from him; due

Customer Question

My brother is willingly letting people steal from him; due to excessive alcohol use over decades his reasoning ability is bad. What can I do to protect what little assets he has remaining?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You need to report this to Adult Protective Services.He is being financially exploited.They can apply for a court appointed guardian.They will protect him here and get him the help he needs.They have the resources to deal with this matter.
I am so sorry he is having to go through all of this.Please call them and report it here this is 24/7..They have to investigate and take action to protect him and his finances.
Elder abuse reports may be made to the statewide Elder Abuse Hotline (1-***-***-****), which operates on a seven days a week, 24 hours a day basis.
I do appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.