LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Is it legal to print the public Instagram posts of a

Customer Question

Is it legal for me to print the public Instagram posts of a minor without their knowledge? My daughter is being bullied, and the bully is not smart enough to have her settings set to "private" so all her posts are public. I took a screenshot, want to print and give to the school. Thank you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, You have the right to print any posts that appear on your child's phone or computer, or yours for that matter. The fact that the posts may be made by a minor have no bearing on your right to make copies of those posts. And, if you want to submit copies to the school because you believe that they impact on your child in school, that is your right as well. So, it is perfectly legal for you to print screen shots of instagram posts of a minor that you have access to. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2015,Doug