WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

I am in Virginia. I own a healthcare facility. We

Customer Question

Hello. I am in Virginia. I own a healthcare facility. We have a massage therapist as an independent contractor. He has his own license and malpractice insurance coverage. I have a copy of each.The massage therapist wants access to the office on weekends, when we are not in the office, to see clientel.If a situation arises where, for instance, he is sued for misconduct, injury to a person, inappropriate touching, etc..,Can I as the owner of the facility also be held accountable in criminal and/or civil court?Bear in mind, I am a health care provider as well, with my own accountability to the board of medicine, and I have my own business insurance, with umbrella policy, as well as my own current malpractice insurance.
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
You would not be liable if he is a contractor, and you should have a clear agreement with him that states this. Also, consider having your insurance specifically state that if a situation arises that you are sued for any misconduct from a sub tenant or contractor they will cover you as well.
As long as he is not an employee, and cannot be classified as one, you would have no liability.
Thank you, ***** ***** have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear WallstreetFighter, If this is a professional attorney's opinion, that's great. But without your name listed, and what state you are licensed in, it doesnt hold much water to a judge or jury. Please provide and I will keep it confidential.
I am an Attorney with over 15 years experience, and my credentials have been verified by the site as well. We cannot give our personal information.