Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

How much should an attorney charge, maximum, a

Customer Question

How much should an attorney charge, maximum, for writing a straightforward will?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide a bit more detail for me? Is the estate taxable? Is it a traditional family...i.e., husband, wife, kids or no kids...but with no divorce? If kids, are they minors? Are the beneficiaries going to be the surviving spouse and then the kids? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am a widow, age 79, with only my personal assets.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Then, in that case, you should be able to get your will done for $500 or less. It would also be helpful to have three other documents to handle things while you are living. These 3 documents are:
1. Durable Power of Attorney--A document that appoints another person to make financial decisions for you if you are unable to do so due to reduced mental capacity or inability to communicate your wishes.
2. Medical Power of Attorney--A document that designates another person to make decisions for you regarding your medical treatment in the event that you are unable to communicate your wishes.
3. Directive to Physicians—This document allows you to choose to either be given life sustaining treatment or be allowed to die naturally, in the event you are suffering from an illness or serious injury that you will not likely survive.
But, you should be able to get all 4 documents done for $750 or less.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!